Saturday, September 11, 2010

DECATUR BOOK FESTIVAL


Over Labor Day weekend, Sept. 4th & 5th, I participated in the largest independent book festival in the country, held in the lovely town of Decatur, GA, just outside of Atlanta. Hundreds of authors and publishers displayed and sold books not found anywhere else. Crowds of people wandered through the town of Decatur stopping at booths, talking to authors and publishers and buying books. I was psyched. I got to meet my publisher, Randy Young of Sleepytown Press, his charming wife, Beth and their adorable grandson, Zander, age 5. I made a number of important contacts, was interviewed for a television news show, and sold 25 books. The best part was getting to talk to so many people of all ages who stopped by to check out the books. It was an exciting event, which I hope to attend every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment